Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hi Everyone,

Well, StRuPiE is on vacation so I will post a small update myself. I'm still hard at work compositing the last part. And this weekend I did some very difficult shots with a lot of blood... Did I already mention that this movie contains lots of gore? ;) Anyway, it was difficult because the clothes and the ground had to be covered with blood and with a moving camera that makes it even more difficult. That's because the effects have to be tracked frame by frame. This method is very time consuming and I'll be happy when it's done. Although it's not perfect I'm satisfied with the results.

Also last week, I ran into some troubles with my pc and I had to format. But don't worry, the movie is safe and everything was backed up in time. It only slowed down my work. So what can I show you guys this time... ah well, if it was me, I would show you a part of the movie already but I'm sure StRuPiE would kill me for that :). Seriously, you guys have no idea how much I want to share this...just hang in there a little bit longer, we're almost done! But I do have something special to share... it's a new teaser, well... not exactly. You just have to watch it to see what I mean. A special thanks goes out to Dainiuxxx who animated the Battlefield2 models. Great work buddy!



And to give you an idea on how much is done I can give you these facts... I've composited 130 shots for part3 in almost 3 months. Maybe it doesn't seem much but I can assure you, it is A LOT! I still have to do approx. 100 shots and mosts of these shots will go fast. After that comes the more fun part and that's mixing the sound and music. This however will also be very tricky because there is so much happening in most of the shots and we didn't record any of the sounds during the recording sessions so all sounds have to be added from scratch.

Then the next thing on the agenda will be fixing shots that need a bit more work, like effects and color correction and a bit of tweaking here and there. And when that is done, we will be playing with the compression settings and making the final render. But we are not there yet so have a little bit more patience.

Greetz, Daniele aka Little_Donkey.

17 comments:

StRuPiE said...

Hell yes I would kill you!!! :D
Hope you guys enjoy the vid ;)

ps I'm back from vacation, errr... what vacation? :D

Anonymous said...

xD nice one :D

Anonymous said...

ahah nice, now just a little bit more patience and we will all (you guys included) be hella delighted !

P.S. = Cool blood and gore xD

Anonymous said...

Awesome news, Love the teaser!

MANIAC~VVV~

Anonymous said...

Loved the teaser, guys :)

Driehoek said...

Well, first of all. Little Donkey DOESN'T want to share parts of the movie. Even I, his favourite colleague,never had the priviledge to see small parts from the film. Being in Italian and proberably having connections with the maffia, I consider him over protective given his background and as a true maffia-man I think it's weak that he's hiding behind the "Strupie will kill me" stuff.

Second of all. It's looking good guys!

Anonymous said...

Wel driehoek, I just think donkey doesnt like you :p
more than 2 years ago, i saw the first minute of the movie. But i guess that has totally changed by now. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice Nice.. :D

Anonymous said...

Mafia story will end up in a war, soon on your screens (Hopehopehopehope)

Anonymous said...

I was kinda hoping the guns would blow their faces off... :-)

Anonymous said...

Dooooonkeeeeey


hurry up you italian limburger!

Anonymous said...

C'mon Updayyyteh !

Anonymous said...

Folks, Do never act like me, i mean do never look for an update on LRRP website :

"This teaser only shows a small part of the upcoming movie and most shots are not completely finished.
The movie will be released sometime in 2006. We have not yet set a date, but as work progresses, we have strong hopes that it will be finished by april/may 2006. "

*Dies* (but fake, because hope => life)

Anonymous said...

Halooooo (first message wohoo)

Im just asking, guys have you think about subtitle ?

stlava said...

@osastk divx ;-)

Anonymous said...

This one is just great !

"Wow, this is the worse day of my life" Poor MEC...

A great commander would say : "You are the worst squad I never had the misfortune to see !"

Just one thing...I don't freaking understand what the USMC said. Help me, please ?

Good luck for the end guys.

A french fan

Lordstemplar1 said...

Nice guys, really like what you have going on here!